23. Listen to the Text “Instruction Conducted at Colleges and Universities”.
a) Answer the following questions.
1. Who provides instruction in American colleges and Universities?
2. What is the aim of instruction?
3. How are computers used for instruction?
4. What is a specific feature of recent decades at American colleges and universities?
5. Do levels of teaching differ in colleges and universities?
6. What universities have the largest campuses?
7. What are the leading universities?
8. What schools can be referred to as research universities?
9. What are minor universities like?
10. What stages does the American system of higher education include?
b) Read Tapescript 12A of the Text. Look LISTENING. 23. Listen to the Text “Instruction Conducted at Colleges and Universities”. up the words you do not know in your dictionary.
c) Retell the Text about instruction conducted at colleges and universities of the United States of America.
d) Compare the ways of instruction provided at American higher educational institutions with those of Russia.
24. Listen to the Text “Harvard University”.
a) You will hear some numbers in the Text. Write them down and say what these numbers refer to.
b) Check your answers with your groupmates and Tapescript 12B of the Text.
c) Retell the Text.